Support for your Pro XE Laser Rangefinder (Product #: 201950).Text
PRO XE SETUP
Register your device at bushnellgolf.com/product-registration/. This registration is for receiving Bushnell Golf support, product discounts, and new product information.
Next, install the Bushnell Golf Mobile App on your phone. While not required to operate your laser rangefinder, the app provides added value including...
- Access to data for more than 38,000 worldwide golf courses
- Reliable and accurate front, center and back GPS-provided distances
- Shot planning with movable layup points
- Track and store your rounds and statistics
- Animated Hole Views
- Wireless course updates for your GPS devices
The Bushnell Golf Mobile App can be found by searching your phone's app store or via the below links.
Open the Bushnell Golf App, create your account, and add your rangefinder as a device by following the on-screen prompts.
Get up and running by reviewing the following steps:
1. Open Battery Cover and remove protective plastic disc from battery. Replace cover.
2. Press Power/Fire button to activate display and fire laser. Display remains active for 10 seconds.
3. Adjust Eyepiece Diopter Dial, rotating it until display appears sharp.
4. To demo Pinseeker/Visual JOLT feature, press & hold Power/Fire while moving the laser across trees, etc. in the background, then placing the Aiming Circle over the golf flag. JOLT Technology generates two short vibrations to confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag (closest object), and the Visual JOLT red indicator ring in the display illuminates.
5. Press & hold Mode button to enter Settings. Tap Mode button to cycle thru “Bright 1~Bright 4”. Press Power/ Fire to select your preferred display brightness setting.
6. Press Mode to cycle Yards/Meters distance units preference. This also previews the Jolt indications (vibration+display indicator ring). Press Power/Fire to confirm units preference and exit the Settings menu.
7. Slide Slope Switch to left (red indicator visible) to enable slope compensated ranging, slide it to the right (red indicator hidden) to disable slope.
8. With slope mode enabled, tap Mode button to toggle Elements on/off, indicated by the Elements mode icon in the display. With Elements mode is on, the Slope compensated distance also factors in the air pressure and temperature at your location.
NOTE: once the Pro XE has shut off, it will always default back to the last mode used.
Your initial battery should last for a few months. If you start to experience any issues with the performance, replace the battery with a high quality (Panasonic, Duracell, or Energizer), CR-2 3 Volt Lithium battery that is right out of the package. Once you replace the battery, press & hold the fire button for 10 seconds. We recommend carrying at least 1-2 spares in your golf bag so that you always have a fresh new battery for full functionality.
I see debris in the lens?
The issue you described sounds like your device may have some solar burns. Over time, the device can develop small dots due to sun exposure. The dots are cosmetic and should not affect the actual performance of the device. In some cases, the amount of solar burn has become substantial enough to interfere with the viewing area. In this event, please contact Bushnell Golf Support for options.
I do not feel or see the Jolt feature.
Pro XE JOLT
For your reference on expected performance, below is a direct link to the manual for your device. Page 4 describes the expected operation of the Pro XE. Page 5 describes the expected operation of the Pinseeker with Visual Jolt.
The Pro XE rangefinder does JOLT/Visual JOLT less frequently than previous generation rangefinders. The Pro XE locking feature is so precise and powerful, it often does not get enough background feedback/noise to cause the unit to "JOLT/visually JOLT". When the course has prisms or reflectors on their flags, the Pro XE will lock on very quickly and may not JOLT very often.
If you want to confirm you have the flag please keep the fire button pressed down and slowly pan away from the flag. You should feel and see the Jolt confirmation.
The display is too faint?
The display has 4 levels of brightness you can choose from. To change the brightness level press and hold the mode button on top of the Xe next to the power button. Keep holding the mode button until it starts cycling through the brightness levels. "Bright 1 to Bright 4". When your preferred setting is displayed, press the power/fire button.
My Pro XE is off by 10 yards?
The Pro XE can be used to measure distance in yards or meters. The unit measure indicators are located in the lower right portion of the LCD. To select between yards and meters, press and hold the Mode button which is next to the Power button. Press the Power/Fire button to confirm your units preference and exit the Settings menu. The Pro Xe will return to the last unit of measure setting used each time the unit is turned on.
The display is out of focus.
Power the unit on by pressing the power /Fire button once. Rotate the eyepiece in either direction until the display icons and numbers are in focus.
Bushnell Golf guarantees the Pro XE Laser Rangefinder to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover consumer-caused damages such as misuse, abuse or repairs attempted by someone other than our authorized technicians.
Is the Pro XE Waterproof?
Yes, the Pro XE is manufactured and tested to withstand water exposure up to IPX7 standards. It is waterproof, submersible to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.
Can I clean the Pro XE?
Yes, follow these steps.
1. Blow away any excessive dust or debris on exterior (or use a soft brush).
2. To remove dirt or finger prints, clean with the supplied micro fiber cloth rubbing in a circular motion. Use of a coarse cloth or unnecessary rubbing may scratch the lens surface and eventually cause permanent damage. The included washable microfiber cleaning cloth is ideal for the routine cleaning of your optics. Simply breathe lightly on the lens to provide a slight amount of moisture, then gently rub the lens with the microfiber cloth.
3. For a more thorough cleaning, photographic lens tissue and photographic-type lens cleaning fluid or isopropyl alcohol may be used. Always apply fluid to the cleaning cloth - never directly on the lens.
When do I replace the battery?
Replace the battery when the unit does not turn on, display does not illuminate, or the display goes blank when attempting to power the laser. Use a good quality 3 -volt lithium battery (CR2). Insert into the compartment with the negative (flat) end first (positive end facing out towards the battery cover). We recommend replacing the battery at least once every six months.
DISCOVER THE PRO XE
Get an overview of the Pro XE and its features.